Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Galileo Ornament Ad

From the late summer of 1992, the front of a promotional card advertising the soon arrival of the newest Hallmark Christmas decoration... the Shuttlecraft Galileo!

(Click on images to enlarge.)
And below, the back of the card that tells of a "landing party" where a cardboard Enterprise mobile would be given away. These had been used in earlier promotions, hanging from the ceilings of the stores.

We Wish You A...
May you and yours have a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate it in your home), remembering the reason for all the celebration and gift-giving...

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 comments:

Joe fhe Christian Trekker said...

And on earth peace, good will toward men. Bless you too brother.


Christian Trekker

Rob Bignell said...

Thanks for the Christmas post, Frederick. Just the other day, my three-year-old was telling me about how cool a Christmas tree would look if it were decorated with Star Trek ornaments. I told him "they" made such ornaments, but he didn't believe me. Now I can show him the post and win the bet - I get to watch the episode of my choosing tonight! Merry Christmas to you, Frederick, and to all the other followers of this cool blog.

Doug said...

I have that ornament... a gift from my brother... and I'm pleased to report that 18 years later it still works, though Spock is slowing down a bit. A day late, but Merry Christmas everyone!

... Now to go watch the Doctor Who "A Christmas Carol" special from last night. From everything I'm reading on the internet (being careful to avoid spoilers), it sounds like this might become an annual tradition.

david_b said...

Sure wish I could have bought the first 1701 Enterprise ornament, but was happy to buy the Next Gen Enterprise and this Shuttle, which was ALWAYS my favorite shuttlecraft (as countless purchased AMT models would attest..).

Word of caution: With all the new innovations in tree lights, the old ornaments won't plug into most brands, so it's important to save at least one 'string of old'. My Enterprise had to stay dark this year..

Yes, Doug, BBC America (which we finally just got..) has been running the Who Christmas specials from the last few years. It started as a Tennant concept, and has been very successful. The new guy's fine, but I still miss David Tennant.

Frederick said...

I still miss Tom Baker!

Mike said...

I have the Galileo ornament, but totally forgot about it until I read this post. Thanks for reminding me, as I'll make sure to hang it on my next tree. I found what box it was hidden in and happy to report it still works great. Spock's voice is as strong as ever.

L0sira said...

Hope that you had a happy holy blessed Christmas. May God bless you in 2011. Iso much enjoy your website.Im looking forward to more happy memories. bring em on.